New Harrow course for people with type 2 diabetes
- 28 October 2015
- Healthy Living
The Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is keen to help people who have Type 2 diabetes and want to learn more about how to manage their condition successfully.
They are piloting a new education progamme 'Diabetes Manual Complete', based on a detailed education resource which you can use at home to learn everything you need to know in the comfort of your own home, with no referrals, no waiting lists and no classrooms!
There are 3, planned, telephone support contacts as you work through the 12 week programme, plus occasional email support if you need it. Follow the link above for lots of backgrond information.
As you work through Diabetes Manual Complete, you will find yourself:
- Gaining practical knowledge and understanding about your diabetes and how and why it affects your whole body
- Feeling less stressed about diabetes and life in general
- Feeling more confident about managing your diabetes and knowing exactly how to handle it
- Experiencing fewer diabetes related problems
- Seeing an improvement in your blood glucose levels, both daily and overall (HbA1c).
The manual and support is free to all people with Type 2 diabetes living within the Harrow Clinical Comissioning Group's borders (i.e. in the Borough of Harrow).
If you're interested, contact your diabetes nurse or your GP and ask them to refer you to the organiser of the course. Good luck!